Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Dear Typhoon,

Kizu-cho.

Dear Typhoon,

Meeting you yesterday was an experience, I'm really glad I got to know you. You know? I've heard a lot of stories about you, I've heard of people calling you names though same may sound cool (like Kamikaze) I am afraid you don’t appreciate them as much as I do.

The morning you were introducing your self Justin and I were going to this bazaar in To-ji temple, by the way To-ji temple has the so-called tallest pagoda in Japan and I wonder how you feel of such a defying structure, anyhow we went to this bazaar where we were supposed to find all these crafts worthy of buying, however I found most of the people were kind of afraid of you and they were taking off as soon as we got there, I don’t understand it though, because your presence made the day literally cooler and with all this heat wave we've been having lately you were more than welcome.

However I could take some nice pictures of you and the people around me, oh! and before I forget I tried Takuyaki one more time, that octopus thing, although it was not as good as the first, I did enjoy it. Let me tell you that after we left the temple Justin had the curiosity of trying MacDonald's in Japan so we went there for a meal although I only had ice cream and I ended up having my meal at ATR, but the point is that again people was looking kind of weird to us and this lady that seemed like 70 or 80 years old approached to us and gave us this candy, which was more like a snack and perhaps not so tasty on the flavor, but definitely worth the experience again of Japanese hospitality, it reminds me of the free drinks I got in Greece.

Being a Gaijin may not be too bad.

I saw sadly your departure in the afternoon and I look forward for your next visit with all the respect such a character like you deserve. I hope you pay us a visit at least one more time before we go back home and I hope you're as kind as the last time (because I've heard rumors of your bad temper), I know, I know, I am not as polite as the Japanese people around here, but you should appreciate my honesty. I look forward meeting you again, and one more time I thank you for rewarding us with your presence.

Sincerely

Erick

No comments: